Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Blake!


Happy Monday, everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. It was quite cold and rainy here in Eugene—we even got hail on Saturday—but I’m holding out hope that spring is just around the corner. It can’t get here too soon for me. While you’re waiting the sun to show its face, I hope you’ll enjoy these photos of Blake. He is sure a cutie pie!

eugene oregon newborn photographer



 Blake was already born when his parents scheduled his newborn photography session. This little guy arrived early and had to spend some time in the NICU. As is so often the case with preemies, his mom and dad weren’t sure when they would be able to bring him home. As soon as it sounded like he was getting ready though, they contacted me to see if I had room in my schedule. I’m so glad I was able to fit them in!

As a newborn photographer, my schedule is pretty busy, so I always encourage parents to schedule their session before baby is born, to guarantee a spot. It doesn’t always happen though. There’s a lot to do to get ready for a baby, so I understand that sometimes booking your photography session is something that slips through the cracks. I’ll always do my best to accommodate last-minute bookings, but I just can’t make any promises. In this case, it just so happened that I had an open spot that worked for them, so mom and dad brought their little guy in for photographs toward the middle of November.

eugene oregon newborn and family photographer

eugene oregon newborn photography

Even though Blake was close to typical newborn size by the time I saw him in my Eugene, Oregon photography studio, he was still older than babies usually are for a newborn session. Photographers generally prefer to do newborn baby pictures between seven and fourteen days after birth, because babies are still very sleepy at this time, aren’t as likely to have developed flaky skin, and are super flexible, making it easy to get those curly poses. Blake wasn’t quite as curly as the babies I photograph in those first couple weeks of life, but he was still flexible enough to do all the poses well. He was also a great sleeper!

Blake has the cutest little mouth and nose. I loved capturing his sweet face, and the precious relationship he and his parents have. So glad he is home and thriving!

newborn photographer near me eugene oregon

 Thank you for your interest in Shanna’s services! Shanna Chess Photography is an award-winning Eugene, Oregon photographer specializing in newborn, maternity, baby and child, and family photography sessions. She serves families in Eugene, Springfield, and surrounding areas.

Want more information? Check out the investment page for a list of session options and pricing. Please note that newborn sessions are available only in Shanna’s Eugene, Oregon photography studio, which offers all the comforts of home, plus a wonderful collection of props and outfits. All other sessions are available as studio or outdoor options.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Shanna directly for details. Can’t wait to hear from you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.