Skip to main content

Steps being taken by Shanna Chess Photography during the Covid-19 pandemic

Dear clients and potential clients,

At Shanna Chess Photography, safety is my main priority at all times, including flu season and during this pandemic. Because I work closely with vulnerable clients including newborns, small children and pregnant women, I would like you to know that I am not taking the current Covid-19 outbreak in Eugene lightly. I am sure you have concerns about remaining safe and healthy at this time, too.




I would like to share the current steps I am taking to ensure the studio environment remains safe and clean for your photo session. I will be updating this as required and following the WHO, CDC’s, and Oregon/Lane County guidelines closely.
  • As of April 28, 2021, I am two weeks past my 2nd Covid vaccine dose and therefore fully vaccinated
  • As of May 14, 2021, the mask mandate has been lifted for those fully vaccinated.  I will not require proof of vaccination or ask clients about vaccination status, but I do ask that if clients are not fully vaccinated, that they continue masking while not being photographed.  If a client would like me to wear a mask while we are together in the studio, just ask and I am happy to do so.
  • Deep cleaning and sanitizing of the studio and props after every session and prior to new clients arriving
  • Regular hand washing before and after every session, and using approved hand sanitizer between hand washings
  • If I feel unwell, even mildy, I will contact you immediately to rearrange our session and will take my temperature before every session.
  • Asking clients to reschedule if they have Covid-19 symptoms or have come in contact within 14 days with someone who has Covid-19
  • Asking clients to leave immediately if they present with a cough, fever or any other symptoms and carrying out a deep clean of the studio environment


If you or your child feel unwell with respiratory or viral symptoms (even mild) or has been in contact with anyone who is symptomatic before your session, please contact me as soon as possible so we can reschedule to another time. If anyone attending the session appears to have a cough, fever or other symptoms of a virus, the session will be halted and all clients will be asked to leave immediately.

If I become unwell, you will be notified immediately and we can reschedule for a better time. I am committed to protecting my clients at all times. If you have any concerns or would like to chat further about booking a session or attending your photoshoot, please send me an email at info@shannachessphotography.com.

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.