Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Leslie


I had so much fun doing this maternity photography session with Leslie! She came to my Eugene, Oregon photography studio a few days after Valentine’s to record this exciting time in preparation for baby’s arrival. This was a session of firsts for me, and I’m so glad Leslie was willing to be my first client to try out several of my new maternity options.

eugene oregon maternity photographer


Firsts: New Maternity Clothing Options

Leslie was the first to wear several of my new clothing options. As a maternity photographer, I’m always on the lookout for beautiful gowns and outfits in a variety of different styles. I’d recently added several new pieces to my collection, and Leslie and I had a great time playing around with some different looks. She rocked every single one of them!

eugene oregon maternity photographer

eugene oregon maternity photographer

eugene oregon studio maternity photography

Firsts: New Lighting Techniques

One of the many things I love about being a photographer is that I never stop learning. There are always new things to try out, to perfect, and just to experiment with. Something that I’ve been focusing on recently is learning some new lighting techniques. Any photographer worth their salt knows the importance of lighting, and I’ve really been enjoying trying out some new methods. I used several of the techniques I’ve been mastering in Leslie’s maternity photography session, and I really love the look we were able to achieve.

eugene/springfield oregon maternity photography

Firsts: Professional Hair and Makeup

I recently decided to start offering professional hair and makeup as an option with my full maternity photo sessions. I’m so excited about this! Honestly, all of my clients are so gorgeous and I love bringing that natural beauty out with my camera. I look at professional hair and makeup services as a way to help my clients recognize the beauty in themselves and really feel comfortable and confident during their session. Leslie is a gorgeous mom-to-be and looked absolutely stunning!

eugene/springfield oregon maternity photographer


It was so much fun to give all these new things a try! Leslie was an amazing photography subject and we had a wonderful time creating these images together. What an awesome session of firsts!



Are you expecting? Congratulations—I’m so excited for you! If you’re interested in professional, personalized maternity photos, please get in touch! I’m an award-winning Eugene, Oregon photographer and would be delighted to help you capture memories of this incredible stage in your life. I’d be happy to discuss your session with you and answer any questions you might have. As you can see from Leslie’s session, and by scrolling through my maternity portfolio, I enjoy making my clients’ sessions unique to them. No matter what style you’d like for your maternity photography session, I can help you make it a reality.

I also specialize in newborn, family, and baby and child milestone photo sessions, so no matter what stage of life you’re in, you can have beautiful pictures to treasure for years to come. Thanks so much for visiting the site, and I hope you’ll choose Shanna Chess Photography for all your portrait photography needs!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.