Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon Baby and Child Photographer: Ace is ONE!

 Had such a fun milestone and cake smash photography session with this family last month. This was kind of a bittersweet session for me because it wraps up my baby package for baby number two. Ace is one year old now and I’ve been photographing him and his big brother Knox every few months since they were newborns, as well as doing Brittany’s maternity sessions. They are the sweetest family and I have loved being able to document their babies growing!

baby portrait photographer Eugene Oregon

We wanted to get the full experience in this session, so we started off with milestone baby pictures of Ace and his parents and brother before getting out the cake. Although mini sessions focus just on baby, full sessions always give you the opportunity to include other members of the family, so it’s a great time to a couple of updated family pictures or sibling shots.

Eugene Oregon family photographer

Ace is such a smiley baby—but he was also happy to show off the full range of his facial expressions for me. He liked making grumpy faces at me and holding it for as long as he could before I coaxed another smile out of him. His grouchy face never lasted long! He especially liked riding my little wicker horse prop. Look at that grin!

eugene oregon baby portraits
eugene oregon baby and child photographer

Once we’d gotten lots of baby portraits it was time for cake. Ace wasn’t totally sure what to make of that experience. He ran the gamut from slightly bewildered to very upset to “maybe this isn’t so bad after all.” And yes, he did manage to get frosting all over himself, which is always a plus for cake smash photography!

eugene oregon cake smash photographer

I am so going to miss seeing this family every few months! Even though Ace is now a year old and we’ve reached the end of the sessions included in my year-long package, I hope I’ll continue to see them regularly for updated photos. In the meantime, a very happy first birthday to this sweet little man!

 

Thanks so much for visiting my website! I’m an award-winning Eugene, Oregon photographer specializing in maternity, newborn, family, cake smash, and baby and child photography. Capturing memories of families and little ones is my passion and I love serving families all over Oregon.

Interested in learning more? Take a look at my session options and pricing information here, or just have fun scrolling through the baby and child photo gallery to get a better feel for my style. I have tons of choices for props, backdrops, outfits and more in my Eugene, Oregon photography studio, and outdoor options are also available for most sessions. Whatever style you’re looking for, I would love to help you create the perfect photo shoot!

If you’re ready to book your session or just have questions please feel free to contact me. I would love to chat with you about possibilities for your session.

Oh, and don’t forget to follow Shanna Chess Photography on Facebook for the latest news, adorable photos, and occasional photography tips and specials!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.