Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Henry!

 Happy February, everyone! Last year felt like it lasted forever, but I think this year is going to fly by. Seriously, it was New Year’s yesterday, right? Hard to believe it’s already time to start shopping for Valentine’s treats. It’s also hard to believe that it’s already been three months since Rustin and Carlina brought in their adorable new baby boy, Henry! I hope you enjoy the photos from his newborn photography session!

eugene oregon newborn photographer

I was so excited to see this little guy in late October. Both his arrival and his photos had been long awaited, so it made me extra happy to watch this family expand with Henry’s arrival—and so special to be able to record it for them! Memories like this are so incredibly precious, and that stage of infancy goes by in the blink of an eye. That knowledge is one of the things that led me to my current profession: After my first daughter was born I knew I didn’t want to lose a single moment of watching her grow. With photos, there’s a way to hold on to those memories forever.

Henry was such a sweetheart for me. Cute as a button, and nice and curly so we could get some of those classic newborn poses. Working with babies like this reminds me of just how lucky I am to be pursuing my dream job as a newborn photographer! I love all kinds of portrait photography, but there’s no question that my passion is working with these tiny new babies. Although working with newborns requires extensive training and is a unique challenge, it’s also my favorite thing ever!

newborn photographer eugene/springfield oregon

Mom and Dad decided to go with lighter colors than I usually see for boys—which I’m all for! Although I’m always happy to offer suggestions and help people figure out what might work for them, I also love it when parents have their own sense of style and know exactly what they want. These are your baby pictures, so you should absolutely use the colors, styles, and props that capture the feeling you want.

Loved having Henry and his parents in my Eugene, Oregon photography studio. They are fantastic people and I’m so happy for them!

newborn photos oregon

Thanks so much for stopping by the website! I’m an award-winning Eugene, Oregon photographer specializing in maternity, family, baby, and child, and newborn photography. I’m honored to serve families all over Oregon, including Eugene, Springfield, Cottage Grove, Creswell, Junction City, Bend, Florence, Salem, and Roseburg.

If you’d like to learn more about what Shanna Chess Photography can offer you, feel free to explore the site or contact me with questions. I’d love to chat with you! You can also find information about photo session options and pricing, check out the studio, or learn more about me and my work.

Need more adorable baby pictures in your life right now? I know you do! Check out the newborn gallery for photos from past sessions, and don’t forget to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest for all the latest news and pictures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.