Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Grayson!



Justin and Ellie are close friends of my family who brought in their oldest son Cooper along with their new baby boy, Grayson, for a newborn photography session. Justin is my oldest daughter’s godfather, so our families have spent lots of time together. I photographed Justin and Ellie when they were pregnant with Cooper, and also did Cooper’s newborn and one-year photos. During his one-year photo shoot we also got a picture to announce the pregnancy with Grayson, who has finally arrived!

eugene oregon newborn photographer


Grayson is such a cute baby, and has the most adorable little pout when he’s sleeping. I think one of the reasons I love the above photo so much is because it showcases that pout to perfection! I also really like the teal and gray combo, which goes great with Grayson’s fair skin and blond hair. 

We did mostly blues, grays, and browns for the rest of Grayson’s pictures. People don’t often choose brown as one of the main colors in a newborn photography shoot, but I think it’s underappreciated. Brown can be a great supporting shade for more traditional colors like blue and pink, and keeps the photos feeling grounded. Depending on how it’s used, it can also lend a rustic or earthy air to a session, while still allowing brighter colors to take center stage. I’m glad Justin and Ellie decided to use so many props and wraps that included this underutilized color, if only so I could play around with it!

eugene oregon newborn photographer

Grayson was a fantastic little sleeper. We used a lot of different props and outfits throughout this newborn photography session, and he didn’t seem bothered in the least by the frequent costume changes. His big brother, on the other hand, was a little unsure about having photos taken, even though he’s been in the studio before. You can see his somewhat uncertain expression in the top left corner of the collage. It’s a big adjustment to go from being an only child to having a new little sibling, and I don’t think Cooper has quite wrapped his head around it yet! Fortunately, lack of a smile does nothing to reduce his cuteness. His tousled blond hair and big blue eyes are incredibly photogenic no matter what his expression is. I can tell you from personal experience though, that Cooper does have one of the funniest, most adorable grins I have ever seen. If you don’t believe me, you can check out his one-year photos here.

eugene oregon newborn photographer

I had so much fun doing this newborn photography session for Grayson and his family. I have been looking forward to his arrival for months, and it was such a treat to finally have him in the studio. Justin and Ellie live in Portland, so I’m glad they were able to make the trip down to my photography studio in Eugene, Oregon. I wish they lived closer so we could see each other more often, but I know we will still manage to squeeze in lots of memorable times together despite the distance!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.