Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Cassi


Cassi came in for a maternity photography session last month. We had originally planned to do our pictures a bit earlier, but the snow and subsequent power outage forced us to reschedule. Luckily my power was only out for three days—I know many people went without power for much longer. I was thankful I only had to deal with it for a short time, not only for personal convenience, but because of my work as a Eugene, Oregon photographer. Studio photography just isn’t something you can do without electricity! Thankfully Cassi’s baby stayed put and we were able to get her in for a session once power was restored and the roads were navigable. 

eugene oregon maternity photographer


This mom-to-be was looking absolutely gorgeous, as always. She is a beautiful woman inside and out. It was wonderful to see her in the studio again, and to see how big Christian has gotten! I photographed him as a newborn. It feels like only a few months ago but obviously it’s been a bit longer than that. He was adorable then and has grown into the cutest little boy. He did a great job during mom’s photo session. I’m so excited for Cassi and her family as they prepare to welcome another little one into their home. 

Cassi wanted to capture the feel of the maternity photos from when she was pregnant with her son, Christian, so we used the same dark wood backdrop and robe from that earlier session. (When Cassi brought that robe to her first maternity session I loved it so much that I went straight out and bought one to keep in my studio!) You can check out the photos from that session here and compare them. The images turned out beautifully, just as the earlier pictures had done. I thought it was a great idea to create a bit of an echo of that first maternity photography session for her second baby as well. 

eugene oregon maternity photographer

We still had some time after we had gotten the pictures Cassi wanted, so I asked if she would be willing to do some shirtless photos with Christian. She was happy to let me play, and I love how those pictures of mama and son turned out. As a maternity photographer I always enjoy experimenting with new shots so I can have an ever-expanding variety of styles to offer my clients. I was glad Cassi was willing to let me play around a little during her session. 

I’m already looking forward to seeing the new baby in my Eugene, Oregon photography studio. It will probably be towards the end of this month or the beginning of May. Cassi chose not to find out the gender of her little one ahead of time, so I’m excited to find out if it’s a boy or a girl. Regardless of whether Christian gets a little brother or a little sister I’m sure baby will be beautiful! I’m so happy for Cassi and her family, and can’t wait to see them again very soon!

eugene oregon maternity photographer



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.