Skip to main content

Eugene, Oregon newborn photographer: Welcome Wren!

 August may have been a big month for maternity sessions, but I also managed to squeeze a couple of newborn photography sessions into the mix too. I love doing portrait photography of all kinds—maternity, family, baby and child—but there’s no denying that newborns are my absolute favorite to work with. There is just something so special about capturing that brand new life, and who can resist that newborn squishiness?

eugene oregon newborn photographer

This little cutie is Wren. She came in with parents Jen and Adam and big brother Bruxton for baby pictures around the middle of last month. It’s been a couple of years since I saw this family, so it was wonderful to be able to welcome them back to my Eugene, Oregon photography studio. I did Jen’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with Bruxton, as well as Bruxton’s newborn and one-year photos, but he is a big boy now—all of three years old! I think Wren looks a lot like her brother did as a newborn. You’ll have to compare photos and let me know if you see the resemblance!

Wren is a rainbow baby, so we did some really sweet rainbow-themed shots. As a loss mom myself, I know how hard that experience is, and also how important it is to celebrate and treasure that precious rainbow when it comes. I know Wren’s parents love her to pieces!

eugene oregon rainbow baby photographer

We also wanted to do some family shots during this session so they could have images of Wren with her brother and her mommy and daddy. Bruxton did a great job snuggling with little sis so we could get some cute pictures of the two of them together. Aren’t they adorable?

eugene oregon baby and family photographer

For the rest of our session we focused on Miss Wren. We used mostly pinkish purples and olive green and it turned out so pretty! As a newborn photographer I enjoy seeing the different trends and what’s popular in baby photography, and I’ve noticed that olive green is becoming more and more popular—especially for baby girls. It makes a great contrast with lighter floral colors and adds some depth and weight to balance out the traditional pinks, whites, and lavenders, so I can definitely see why it’s gaining traction! Wren definitely looked great in it.

eugene oregon newborn photographer

It was great to spend time with this amazing family and meet the newest member! I’m so happy that they’ve been able to welcome another little one into their home. They are fantastic people and they and Wren are lucky to have each other.

Thanks so much for visiting the website! I’m an award-winning Eugene, Oregon photographer with a special place in my heart for newborns. If you’re in the market for portraits I hope you’ll consider Shanna Chess Photography! Newborn photography is my passion and I would love to work with your and your little one. Please check here for pricing and session options, and don’t hesitate to get in touch with me if you have any questions. Can’t wait to hear from you!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: Hattie is ONE!

Hattie’s mom, Shanna, brought her in last month for a one year birthday cake smash photography session. Shanna (yes, her name is both spelled and pronounced the same as mine!) wanted to do a strawberry theme to go along with the banner and adorable outfit she had made for Hattie. What a talented lady! Looks like when it comes to the sewing machine she is a force to be reckoned with! Both the outfit and the banner were so cute and I was more than willing to figure out something a little different to match. 

Eugene, Oregon maternity photographer: Milk bath with Kelsey

Kelsey came in for a milk bath maternity photography session last month. She was expecting a little boy in early November. Needless to say, he is here now! I did his Fresh 48 photos in the hospital shortly after he was born, and will be doing his newborn photos as well. He’s such a sweetheart! Be sure to keep an eye on the blog   for his pictures!

Eugene, Oregon baby photographer: 6-month with Knox

It was so much fun to see Knox again last month for his six month mini baby photography session! I’ve been the Eugene, Oregon photographer for this family for a little while now, and I have so enjoyed getting to know them! I did Knox’s newborn photos when he first arrived, as well as his mom’s maternity pictures when she was pregnant with him, and they are just a fantastic family to work with.